Your life is filled with decisions. Some of those decisions are trivial and inconsequential; they're of little concern beyond the immediate moment. And some of those decisions appear trivial initially, as their effects only come into view with the passing of time.
Ultimately, all your decisions come together to shape the trajectory of your life, and there's only so much that can be reversed or undone along the way. Therefore, it makes sense to give thought to your decision making process.
The following 12 quotes by some of the most insightful minds in the world will help you take a closer look at the power of decisions in your life.
1. “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” Tony Robbins
2. “I’ve learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.” Maya Angelou
3. “A ‘No’ uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.” Mahatma Gandhi
4. “Good and evil increase at compound interest. That's why the little decisions we make every day are of infinite importance.” C. S. Lewis
5. “Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods.” Robert H. Schuller
6. “It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.” Thomas Sowell
7. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
8. “We immediately become more effective when we decide to change ourselves rather than asking things to change for us.” Stephen Covey
9. “People pay for what they do, and still more for what they have allowed themselves to become. And they pay for it very simply; by the lives they lead.” James Baldwin
10. “Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her; but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.” Voltaire
11. “Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide.” Napoleon Bonaparte
12. “Life is the sum of all your choices.” Albert Camus
Trying to make a decision under less than ideal circumstances? Find out if you're in the decision-making danger zone.
Tips for achieving optimal wellness, inside and out.